Under-Bed Spare Tire Carrier Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under-Bed Spare Tire Carrier Lock

It is not really very common knowledge that a Lock for the under-bed spare tire carrier even exists. One day I was bragging to Jim Carter how I have everything for the 1950 Stock Restoration found at http://devestechnet.com/Home/Deve1950AResto, and he said to me "I doubt it". He said "I bet you don't have the original spare tire carrier lock." So, I was humbled yet again. I set out to find one and found this one in it's original box on EBay Motors. Jim's counsel over the years has been a real benefit. Jim is one of those guys that you don't even bother to second guess. It has been an honor knowing the man!

The J-Hook threads into this mechanism in such a way that it locks the J-hook down so it can't be removed. So imagine, being on the side of the road with a rear flat and not only can you not get to the under-bed spare tire carrier to get the spare out, but then you can't remember what you did with the key! So, you find it, toss the lock out into the field along with the detachable part of the under-bed tire carrier, stick the spare in the bed and that explains why they are so rare!

Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com
Working...
X