Friends with Benefits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends with Benefits!

There are people out there worth mention. Everyone knows who they are in your life's orbit. We are grateful for the better of humanity because they make life worth living. If each of us just play a small part in each others lives that is positive, we can change the landscape and make the world just a little better. In my life Pre68Dave has always been there for me to help solidify my knowledge of these trucks. Another notable person lives in Malaysia and is a kindred spirit in his thinking. You see, I was taught that money is a necessary evil but always give the customer more than they ask for. Be there for them whenever they call, always understanding your role.. to help if you can. Money is secondary. Dave is a person like that, and so is my Malaysian friend Hanafi. Hanafi is the intelligence behind the forums here. Whenever I cannot figure out some coding issue, I email Hanafi. I pay him for the large things, and he has found it in his heart to help me out with the small things. KNOWING in doing so, he will have a loyal customer for years to come. It is a very intelligent strategy and one all true friends of mine subscribe to. Capitalism is not some evil thing if done with humanity in mind. Those are the people we cherish and hope they teach their children this concept so they turn out as balanced as we are.
    Last edited by Deve; 12-01-2016, 06:52 PM.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

AMEN! The site works very well. Everything an AD owner needs in one place.

Comment

You've always been responsive to my emails but I believe sharing my questions here could help others as well. So thank you Deve for being my friend with benefits too. You've freely given away information and I know soon I will be purchasing items from you as well. Cheers from AZ.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Chuck. Happy retirement too! That is an awesome milestone. More time for the old iron! Lots of good times ahead.
        Deve Krehbiel
        devestechnet.com
        forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Deve,

You have been and continue to be an inspiration and guiding light, with both your thoughtfulness and attention to detail.

Dave, (Pre68), has caught me when I was about to fall many times only I don't think that he knows this.

I really appreciate both of you, Deve and Dave's websites which provide clear understanding of once were only grainy pictures and inadequate explanations in the past.

Regards,

Cosmo
          Last edited by Cosmo; 06-18-2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks Cosmo. I agree that Dave is THE go-to guy for all things this vintage. We are about gathering information that is indisputable and without any shadow of a doubt accurate so that others can get to the actual truth of the matter when it comes to our shared passion... old Chevy trucks. I still peruse the other forums so I can see if there is anything I am missing in gathering this information and I find a lot of geezers trying to teach the young how to be geezers of the future. A geezer in my mind is not someone who is old. It is a person who is so set in their ways, they cannot look inward and see themselves for who they really are. someone who spouts old wivestales as truth because their Ego will not allow them to tell the truth. We test and confirm information here. We do not use second hand information. Rather we make sure that what we are telling others is technically correct. I spend a lot of time with fielding phone calls and emails and when I do, I go to the REAL gurus. Tom Langdon, Dave Folsom, Nathan Hall, Allen Jones, Jim Carter, Jeff McCoy, Tim Lederman. the list goes on and on. I have never professed to know anything. Whatever I say comes from these people and then proven in my shop so we are not just bloviating. There is nothing more damaging to the Art of old Chevy truck restoration than a bunch of bloviators on the subject. I hope those who are skeptical about our belief that it IS possible to honestly provide real technically proven information without any monetary intent or any other intent other than giving the end user the information they need to do it right the first time can see through the BS and simply enjoy the information available right here.

I spent years associating myself with other forums where the loudest bloviator was somehow thought of as the truth. The main bloviator even has a following of disciples who stupidly keep that trend alive. While there were others there being honest and their intentions were good, the wheat was never separated from the chaff so it became a bloviators paradise where the new person couldn't necessarily believe what they were hearing. This was because of the Good Ole Boy rule. I do not have to explain that one. It needs to stop and we hope we are part of the solution. Kind, caring people who are here for YOUR benefit do not have to bloviate. They are here to help you. In this ridiculous social media nightmare we all live in, try to understand there ARE people out there who care about YOU and your experiences in this great endeavor of Restoration and Preservation of these wonderful old vehicles with no agenda other than to help guarantee your success.
            Deve Krehbiel
            devestechnet.com
            forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Thanks for the nice words Cosmo.

Comment

Working...
              X