Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarTech's Chevrolet inline-6 engine 1929-1962 : How to Rebuild by Deve Krehbiel

Get your copy at devestechnet.com! It was quite an exciting experience doing the research, doing all the physical labor, taking all the photos and adding a lot of content that is simply not available anywhere else. The thing about printed books that sets them apart from any other medium is the high resolution photos, the Index, the ability to follow the instructions by taking the book to your shop and follow along. The only downside is there is not a book in print anywhere that doesn't have at least one mistake. Despite having many eyes proofreading the work, it is inevitable that there will be something in error. Please do not hesitate to let me know right here what you find. Feel free to discuss the book here too.
    Last edited by Deve; 11-07-2018, 07:02 PM.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

For those of you who are looking for this book, it's available now at devestechnet.com on the main page. Thanks!
    Last edited by Deve; 11-07-2018, 07:02 PM.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Preordered mine on Amazon! Look forward to it. I am no mechanic, but I am catching up with 1950's technology........

Comment

Let me know when you get it. I was really kind of bummed. I asked Cartech about the book tour and when I was going to compete on the New York Times Bestseller list, and they laughed at me! Can you believe it? Here I was all excited about autographing hundreds of books and flying all over the place promoting this amazing literary feat of total amazement. Oh well! I guess I will have to put my pressed flannel shirts, khaki's and work boots back in the closet. Meanwhile, yet another book coming out in mid 2019 or so on restoring the whole truck. I will try to persuade them more about the discrimination we authors in the auto resto industry endure by the failing New York Times. LOL! (im breakin myself down!) BTW, Cartech is amazing! I haven't worked with such professionals in a long time.
        Deve Krehbiel
        devestechnet.com
        forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

• DBCooper
          DBCooper commented
          Editing a comment
          I am surprised you need Cartech! Did you get laid off at Speedprint? LOL
          Last edited by DBCooper; 08-21-2018, 11:36 PM.

I got my Advance Copy of the Engine book today. Its a full book, ready for distribution and I was given it to make sure it was perfect. Well, I was very impressed with the way they typeset and designed each page and allowed me to say anything I wanted without restrictions. Cartech is truly a good company to do business with. Special thanks to Wes for all of the interaction during the process. I am about halfway into the next book concerning the restoration of the entire truck. Stay tuned!
        Deve Krehbiel
        devestechnet.com
        forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

The engine books are IN! What an amazing process!
          Deve Krehbiel
          devestechnet.com
          forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

I've had my book for a few weeks now and I really enjoyed it. I've already got pages flagged, a few highlights. I wanted to read it BEFORE tearing into my first straight 6. Well now I've pulled my 235 and thanks to the book it really made the process a lot more fun. Thanks to the parts list I sat down and ordered many of the suggested parts right from the book using Summit, RockAuto, Classic Parts to name a few websites. As soon as I get the number off my distributor I'll be calling to order the HEI, the full flow oiling system and the draft tube delete kit. Thank you thank you thank you for making this exciting for my dad and I to travel down stovebolt lane together. Cheers!
            Last edited by sshamu; 01-01-2019, 11:35 PM.

Comment

New review of the book in Engine Professional Magazine. http://www.engineprofessional.com/EP...dex.html#p=101
              Deve Krehbiel
              devestechnet.com
              forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Working...
              X