Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation License Plate! YOUR Help Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation License Plate! YOUR Help Needed!

The idea is to create a nice slideshow/database of License Plates from the Advance Design Era (1947-1955). Of course the first thing everyone says is just search Google. I did for every single year. The current database is pictured here. What I am hoping for is YOUR cooperation in getting each State or Territory, or Province and using YOUR plates! Here is the specifications we need... Take a camera or cellphone snapshot straight on as possible. The highest resolution is best, but whatever your camera is set to, will be fine. We need more than 400 pixels wide, but that standard is way lower than most cameras so you will be fine. Quality of the Plate doesn't matter. We are going for Character as well. What do you more worldly guys have? Lets get some International plates here too. Thanks everyone! It's not hard to take a picture, but the enjoyment others will get from your's is immeasurable!

Use the camera icon right here (reply to this) and upload the pictures right from your hard drive. Your entire truck project is welcome in the Members Gallery as well. just register and you are good to go. As will forever be the case, no Advertisements here. EVER. Welcome aboard!
    Last edited by Deve; 04-01-2016, 09:26 AM.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Here is a great novelty along these lines. http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/ and then there is this one: http://www.blankplates.com/plates.html Keepem coming!
    Last edited by Deve; 04-01-2016, 09:27 AM.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

www.worldlicenceplates.com/jpglps/US_WAXX_GI3.jpg is also pretty cool. Neither of the above have TRUCK plates. This site is a little strange in that you have to know what state or province two letter designator you want. Exchange JUST the WA in the URL to any other state, province or territory.

Last edited by Deve; 02-16-2015, 08:21 AM.
      Deve Krehbiel
      devestechnet.com
      forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Deve, here's a pic of the license plate of my truck. I know you already have a TX 1950 plate but this one is a Farm Truck plate. Ken

Comment

Got it!! Thanks Ken!
          Deve Krehbiel
          devestechnet.com
          forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Deve , there was a guy over on the Jalopy Journal website that had a book that had all the prefixes , buy year, that your county would use on a License plate ...for example , a 1953 truck plate for Otsego County Michigan would start with SA- XXXX .I guess it was a police thing to help with ID'ing fleeing Stovebolts ........ I tried to find the guy again but was not successfully yet .

Now if you REALLY had to be original ........ you would need the above info

I could not find my SA plate but when the snow melts I will post pictures of the 3 plates I have for my 3 1953 vehicles ...3 1953 plates in sequence .

Dan

Comment

Comment

I finally dug out the 53 truck and took this picture .

Comment

Very nice! Thank you for sharing that. I think there is nothing more nostalgic than original license plates. We work with nostalgia every day, but the license plates we see are usually modern, or incorrect. Thanks again!
                  Deve Krehbiel
                  devestechnet.com
                  forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

1950 Utah plate. No idea if it's for a car or truck, all I know is it's cool. Bought it at an antique shop that has WAY too much cool vintage automotive stuff for my wallet. They had a matched pair (legal to register) of sweet 1937 Utah plates for a mere $165...
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	1380https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8T...ew?usp=sharing

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that Rod! I will get that into the main archive soon!
                      Deve Krehbiel
                      devestechnet.com
                      forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

All of the License Plates submitted so far are now on proud display on the main home page. Thanks and keep them coming!
                        Deve Krehbiel
                        devestechnet.com
                        forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

These sesquicentennial plates adorn my '53 Chevy 3100. Once the truck is officially registered as an "historical vehicle" it is legal in Ohio to run with model year plates.

Comment

Very Nice! Please keep them license plates coming! We have a similar policy in Kansas. They allow us to register our antique vehicles using the old plates.
                            Deve Krehbiel
                            devestechnet.com
                            forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting those nice Ohio Plates in the mix. Please keep them coming folks! They really come out nice if you get as close as possible to dead on with your camera. The Ohio ones were close enough to use Lense Correction in Photoshop. Thanks!

To see the Slideshow, go to the Home Page at http://devestechnet.com
                              Last edited by Deve; 04-01-2016, 09:28 AM.
                              Deve Krehbiel
                              devestechnet.com
                              forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Working...
                              X