1962 stovebolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 stovebolt

Click image for larger version  Name:	1003181513.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.3 KB ID:	2729

Just bought this 1962 c30, it's not an AD but it is my favorite body style (I prefer 63 but oh well). has a 235 or 261 full flow oil. has remnants of a sticker on the side of the valve cover that says high torque

This is a good opportunity because I am trying to build up a 261 for a 52 gmc suburban and this truck has a nice working system that reassures me we are actually doing it right!

As always thank you so much Deve for this amazing website!!!
    Last edited by JDK; 10-03-2018, 11:09 PM.

Yeah, the 261 is a great choice. That truck doesn't look too bad either! I am always amazed at the design changes Chevy made.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

It's an interesting truck. Definitely has a 261, which seems like that would not be original for a c30 but who knows. It has a 4 speed and a big Eaton rear axle, cab and chassis frame but pretty short.

Biggest problem I am having with it is finding some different wheels! This truck has split ring widow makers and half of the tubes don't hold air. It has a standard 8x6.5 stud spacing but the studs are 1/2" All the wheels I can find are for 9/16 or 5/8. Is this and issue with other 1 ton chevy trucks? I might be able to replace the studs, it looks like a 9/16 would just barely fit if I can find anything. otherwise it seems very hard to find 16" dually wheels with 1/2" studs. most take a flat nut and center on the stud, or they are coined wheels which I don't want. I'm not sure if trying to use wheels that take a conical nut would work but maybe?

Comment

Working...
      X