This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Technical Support Forum

This section is here to announce new How-To articles and help our members with their technical issues. We are here to help, so leave a detailed description of the issue and the particulars of your truck and someone will chime right in!
    Last edited by Deve; 07-05-2016, 12:30 PM.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Deve, I applaud and strongly support all of your efforts to improve our vintage machines while using today's technology to make them safer and more capable of being protected for further preservation....all the while preserving their stock vintage appearance. That kind of thinking only makes sense. If not for that thought process, Harley Davidson would never have developed or sold a single softail. Everyone would still be riding with sore backs and butts, and without an attractive passenger. Keep up the good work, and thank you for the meticulous detail you go to for the benefit of all.

Comment

Deve,
      Started rebuilding my heater today. Want to do the 12v motor conversion, but my 6 v motor looks different, the case is a bit smaller and looks like the speed 12v motor won't fit inside. seen this one before?

Comment

Haven't seen that one. Looks like a replacement motor that happened at some point in time. The best thing to do in a case like this is get an original 6 volt motor. Doesn't matter if it works or not. Someone told me to give Patricks a call. He said they have tons of stuff like that just laying around all over the place. I have no idea, but I would call around to vendors that sell used parts. Getting the original 6 volt housing is key to a really nice conversion.
        Last edited by Deve; 07-05-2016, 12:30 PM.
        Deve Krehbiel
        devestechnet.com
        forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Working...
        X