Transmisson dilemma ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmisson dilemma ....

I have a dilemma that is baffling me......
    I replace a clutch disk, pilot bearing and throwout on my 53 3800 4 speed ...all stock

I checked the fitting for the clutch disk and pilot bearing and were correct

I used the proper tool to install pilot bearing and had the proper clutch alignment tool

I installed everything and realized I had to pull transmission back out to install shifting fork
    Truck was never stared
    The transmission is NOT coming back out and seems to be bound on something...I can spin it freely but will not come more than 1/4 inch out ....
    Any ideas on what may be happening here

Thanks
    Dan

I am not real good at this part Dan, but is the throwout bearing binding up? Maybe it got a little sideways when trying to install? I hope someone else sees this with more experience.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

This may sound like a dumb question, but are you sure you have all 4 mounting bolts out? There is not much else to hold up a trans from coming out.

Comment

Ok , I had a friend come over and we decided to remove the bolts on the pressure plate and pull it all back to see what we were dealing with ...once we could see the disk we took a flat screw driver and gave the disk a little pry and that loosened everything up and it came out ...

Comment

Yeah, its things like that, that really make your day don't they? Glad you got it figured out.
          Deve Krehbiel
          devestechnet.com
          forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Working...
          X