This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borg R10 Overdrive Central

If you are looking for Borg R10 Overdrive Documentation, you have come to the right place. Operators Manual, Service Manual, Rebuild and Service Tips, and Wiring are all in the How-To section at http://devestechnet.com/Home/HowTo.

Just click on the manual you want, and you should be in business. Always looking to expand this section, so if you have more information concerning this really amazing transmission, we would love to hear from you!

Currently we are working on two exciting developments:
    • Floor Shifter for the Advance Design Pickup - Looks just like the stock 4 speed installation! Check out the discussion in The Think Tank forums! Tailor made for the Borg R10!
    • Chevrolet version of the Kickdown Switch at the Carburetor - We've done it, now we just have to write it up!
    Last edited by Deve; 02-19-2015, 10:36 AM.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Deve, I have your manuals but have a question. Does one have to pull the overdrive unit to replace the manual lockout shaft seal? I have a leak and it looks, from the documents, that the shaft can be pulled but I don't know if the seal pulls from inside the transmission or from the outside.

Comment

I am no expert on this transmission, I just like to have as much info as I can on something I use. There are a few good experts on stovebolt.com's forums. They frequent here from time to time, but if you want to know sooner, post there. Good luck!
      Deve Krehbiel
      devestechnet.com
      forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Thanks Deve. I think I found my answer among the details in Randy Rundle's document, I do have to pull the overdrive to get to the seal.
        Bye the way, I received an email that Randy passed away in February 2021.

Comment

Very sad to hear about Randy. I had no idea. He was a real asset to our community and a really nice guy. It is always such a pleasure to meet people so willing to help others. He fielded a lot of stupid questions on my part about that R10 overdrive system.
          Deve Krehbiel
          devestechnet.com
          forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Working...
          X