Heater Motor Lore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Motor Lore

If the Heater Motor in your truck is 6 volts and you follow my article on how to upgrade the motor to 12 volts, you will order a VDO Brand Part Number PM354. This is the perfect motor because it actually fits inside the 6 volt housing. That article and most everything about it is in the How-To section, however, what is NOT there is what to do if you lose that 1/4" to 5/16" adapter bushing. You know, the one I spent all day looking for because it was not exactly where it was supposed to be? (on the motor) So, I can only imagine the hassle of trying to find this piece, so luckily I thought of a way to easily make one. Get yourself a 1-1/4" piece of 5/16" metal fuel hard line. I used Stainless Steel. Put it in the vise the long way with a little of it sticking up over the vise jaws, then get out your Makita and grind the top part flat. I didnt even have to go through the metal! Once you have the correct flat spot, it fits right over the motor shaft and the fan cage fits right over that!
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com
Working...
X