12 Volt Light Bulb Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Volt Light Bulb Information

One of our members HandyAndy did the research on this and I am just now reviewing this information and posting it for everyone. Thanks Andy! This will come in handy for our 12 volt members and I am also adding this to the AD Wiring How-To Article on the main site. For now, this is primarily for the Tail Light Assembly. I also want to add in this thread all the other bulbs on the truck and the available choices including LED.

1) #67 - 5000 hour glass bulb putting out 4 Candlepower, 50.3 Lumens at 7.96 watts.
    2) #89 - 5000 hour glass bulb putting out 6 Candlepower, 75.4 Lumens at 7.54 watts.

The two above are miniature (G6) and fit perfectly as the tail lamp assembly was designed. The next two require bending the assembly a little to get them to fit. Reportedly, they DO fit. They are S8 glass size.

3) #1141 - 500 hour glass bulb putting out 21 Candlepower, 264 Lumens at 18.4 watts.
    4) #1156 - 500 hour glass bulb putting out 32 Candlepower, 402 Lumens at 26.8 watts.

These all used the BA15S socket (single filament), 2 pin twist type. Research was primarily using Don's Bulbs. As you can see, the number of hours is cut dramatically for the brighter ones. I have #67's in mine. The bracket is set up to have a center bulb and then a lower bulb. If both are #67 you want to put the stop lamp as the center which will in effect make the brakes brighter. I had no idea until Andy's research we had a choice! It would be really helpful if anyone having further information or advice concerning the bulbs we use for our trucks to chime in. Thanks!
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Deve, thanks for compiling and posting this info!

Comment

Working...
    X