Heater Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Switch

Hello all, new to Deve's Technical Network. I'm currently restoring a 1950 Chevy 3800. I'm looking for an original heater switch, does anyone know where I can locate such a beast? Thanks in advance...Clint. P.S. Included is a photo of the original heater switch.
    Attached Files

Didn't get the photo Clint, but if it has three positions and says HEAT on it (Toggle Switch, not rotary) that would be original. Brown looking. I would give Jerry Rivers (816) 833-4414 a call. If he doesn't have one, I do not know who else would.....

HOWEVER.. If you have upgraded to 12 volts, the original switch is a bad idea because of the extra wattage (power) 12v represents. In that case, consider a rotary switch and Heater Controller such as the one here: http://devestechnet.com/Services/Bes...ontrolSolution or do it all yourself by following the instructions here:

If you are really wanting that nostalgic look of the original switch, locate the switch then read the instructions here. If you are still running 6 volts, then nevermind all that and call Jerry. Hope this helps!
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

His photo

Comment

That looks like the jewel!

Comment

I really like the idea of converting to 12v, but I do want to keep the appearance of originality.

Comment

I feel that way too and it was a struggle to make that decision. But the struggle was lessened for me since I live in a farming family who used these trucks back in the day and it always left them stranded in the winter time. They would use the 8 volt battery out of the Tractor to get to where they wanted to go. 6 volts requires a lot of extra maintenance and if that is okay with you, by all means keep it stock, but there is no way I would own a 6 volt truck (if it were my only one) just because there are many other maintenance issues I would rather focus on than the electrical system. So my compromise was a Gloss Black Alternator. It doesn't look like the old generators at all, but it also does not draw a lot of attention. Most reasonable people understand that compromise so I feel good about it. Since it is a 10SI 3 wire model, I can also add my CIS system or anything else electrical I choose.

I also make an HEI system that uses the stock distributor so unless you look REAL close, you can't tell it is HEI. These are the opportunities I look for.. how to make things look original, yet give me the options I like about modern drivers. There are many things on the main site that are available on the Farm-It-Out page that make your engine run better, your truck more complete, and your life easier all with the idea of keeping the look original. It is your truck, so enjoy it anyway YOU choose!
            Deve Krehbiel
            devestechnet.com
            forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Working...
            X