DIY version of CIS system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY version of CIS system

I will be embarking on the construction of Deve's CIS system and thought I would contribute to this knowledge base my findings and observations on the journey. As of this writing I have a box of electrical parts from Mouser, Digi-Key and Deve (the PCB).

I'll start with the PCB. Received yesterday, 05.16.19, and let me say it is an extremely well thought out design. If you really pay attention to all Deve has written about his CIS system you would see that this board has gone through a few iterations. That in and of itself, at least to me, is a testament to his commitment and desire to create the most efficient design possible. Now I will not sit here and claim that my skill set is on par with the master of this site, far from it. I'm just a DIY propeller-head through and through who enjoys the challenge of building something like this project just to see if I can do it.

My box-o-parts pic is just that, not very exciting, although it is worth noting that if you look closely you'll see the safety seals containing all the smoke are still in tact .

The plan is to chronicle the process here for anyone that might have future interest. (You know what they say about plans.....)
    My journey begins tomorrow. Right now there's some Siesta Key Toasted Coconut Rum calling my name!

Cheers,

__tim
    Last edited by tgilbert; 05-20-2019, 01:52 PM.

Had some time on Sunday to assemble the PCB, all went quite smoothly. Next up is to build the wire looms including the thermistor lug. Still waiting for my housing to arrive and I have not yet decided if I am going to make the under dash bracket or opt for a different location for the LEDs. Definitely more to come on this.

__tim

Click image for larger version

Name:	completed_pcb.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	2934

Comment

Working...
    X