Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spin-On Filter Adapter Kits/Plans Available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spin-On Filter Adapter Kits/Plans Available!

Both systems use the Trans-Dapt 1028 Spin-On Filter Adapter. The Bypass models come with an orifice reducer which reduces the flow by adding a 1/16th inch (.0625) restriction exactly like the Stock system. This maintains the proper Oil Pressure. You can choose the kit that comes complete with stainless braided hoses, or just order the adapter mounting bracket. (or make it yourself) The mounting brackets come in three types. One uses the triangular motor mounting bosses that are found on a lot of engines after 1952. These are just aft of the generator or alternator and the perfect place to mount the adapter because it is low on the engine and puts less stress on the pumping system. Another type is mounted on the top frame rail exactly across from where those triangular mounting bosses would be if the engine were so equipped. The third mounts to the triangular mounting bosses but moves the adapter 6 inches forward to avoid the dual fenton exhaust manifolds. The idea is to have something for everyone. You can even use your original hoses if choose!

It's all here: http://devestechnet.com/Home/FullFlowOil
    Last edited by Deve; 10-08-2015, 07:14 PM.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Spin On Oil Filter
    Great article Dave and I have a 1956 235 So it looks like (Solution 3) is for me but. This one sentence in it confuses me " I want to explain how to install a Trans-Dapt 1028 Spin-On Oil Filter Adapter after modifying the engine block for full flow oil filtration" Am I just overly cautious or you talking about the external piping and hoses? It sounds like an internal mod as discussed in yellow above that.

Comment

Yes. Solution Three is for people who have had their engine block machined specially for full flow oiling like the 58-62 261 engine. So if you have not done that, you have a bypass system which has the smaller 1/8" NPT hoses. So, all you need is the bypass kit which is not a problem at all. You just have to decide what mounting bracket you need. The triangular one pictured, or the clamp on type. Most 235's have the triangular engine mount on the side that are tapped for 3/8" bolts. If that is not being used, its the best way to go.
      Deve Krehbiel
      devestechnet.com
      forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Working...
      X