Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker shaft fuel line pipe broken

Hello guys!

First off all I'd like to introduce myself as an unexperienced person in terms of the 235 stovebolt engine. Engines in general. I have never worked on these before.
    Since 1 year me and my dad decided to start restoring a few 3100 chevy pickups (1950/1951's).
    Recently we ran into an engine problem!

Our rockershaft does not get any oil, at all..
    So we opened the engine side and found out that the copper pipe broke.
    So inexperienced as we are, we tried to take out the remaining piece of pipe from the engine..
    It turns out this tube runs through a water pocket in the engine? When we unbolted the thread, water started to drip out!
    now is my question: how do we replace this oil pipe? Is it 'normal' to leak water there? I feel like there is something wrong there...

Any hints, tips or whatever is welcome, here in Belgium are almost no mechanics left that have any clue about these engines!

Thanks for your time, sorry for my english and thanks in advance!!

Jonas

Here is how it is routed Jonas...

http://www.devestechnet.com/Home/ValveOiler

Yes, it will leak water alright. I use Permatex high temp copper gasket sealer on the fittings. I have no experience with changing this tube out myself, but the diagram should help in understanding how its routed. Good luck!
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Thanks Deve!!

That diagram helps alot. Time to fix it and hopefully get the engine running again..
      Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X