spin on oil filter pipe routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spin on oil filter pipe routing

We are installing a spin on oil filter on our full flow 261, and are debating between stainless flex hose with AN fittings or copper tubing with flare fittings. Mark and I both prefer the look of the copper but are having a hard time bending it. We are using 5/8" OD (1/2" ID) flexible copper pipe. Looking at the howto, I see very nice bends in the pictures with copper pipe (I assume this was an earlier iteration and you went to stainless braided after?). I'm wonder what process you used to make those bends in the copper pipe.

Thanks!

The copper pipe was the first idea. It was pointed out to me that copper has a tendency to crack over time. This was the reason for going to stainless braided. If the lines are going to the block and from the block (and not to the firewall or somewhere that causes flex) then I would point out that copper is probably fine. When I sell my kits, I do not know what the guys are going to do, thus err on the side of caution. I just used a 5/8" tubing bender. I borrowed mine from the local plumber.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

I love the stainless flex w/AN fittings. Easy to install and looks great.

Comment

We've taken the copper tubing as a challenge because it is good bending experience, and I think it will look great, but the cracking issue is worrisome. I have warmed up the the flex hose and AN fittings because they are easy and good looking but I really like the look of the copper with our color scheme.

Comment

Working...
        X