51 Chevy Truck 3600/216 no oil flow to rocker arm shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 Chevy Truck 3600/216 no oil flow to rocker arm shaft

Hi - my name is Norm. I'm a retired Army vet that now has time to break lots of stuff (thats how I stay busy). So, I now own a 5 window, 1951 chevy 3600 w/216 farm truck that sat for over 20 years.
    After a bit of love, new oil, plugs etc and gentle coaxing I got it running. That said I don't have oil flowing through the Valve Rocker Pipe Assembly that feeds the rocker arm shaft. The shaft is clear so I disassembled/removed the brass fittings/copper pipe on either side of the water jacket (that drained all the antifeeeze) / cut the pipe
    (as long as I could)
    that runs from the oil distributor to the drivers side water jacket but did not disconnect the fittings/pipe at the oil distributor. My hope was that I could avoid removing the oil distributor connection (which would require removing the exhaust pipe) by simply adding a pipe union (with compression rings) onto the remaining oil distributor pipe (drivers side).
    My hope is that I can find a solution that uses compression rings in lieu of sweating the water jacket fittings. Has anyone had any success with using off the shelf 3/16 tubing/brake line/or more copper with compression rings vice sweating the water jacket brass fittings?
    Lastly - am looking for replacement parts (seals/universal joints) for the short enclosed drive shaft and the longer shaft which connects at the rear. Any idea where I could get a diagram of parts/info on parts?
    Thx much for any help/guidance you all may have.
    Norm
    Last edited by Deve; 02-27-2020, 08:25 PM.
Working...
X