HEI plug wire terminals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEI plug wire terminals

I purchased the HEI kit a while back and am just now getting around to working on building and installing it. I also purchased the recommended plug wires, Accel However, the wires don't come with the proper terminals for the distributor cap. They are designed for the newer HEI distributors with the male posts instead of the older female style caps. So, I went online to find the old style terminals, but all I can find are for 7mm wires. The wires I purchased are 8mm. Does it really make that big of a difference? Can I get away with the smaller terminals on the larger wire? I know this may sound trivial, but I like to do things the proper way, and I don't like cobbled together parts, especially on electrical systems. If you know of a source for the 8mm terminals, please let me know.

The Accel 4040K package has both style terminals. Check that one out at Summit. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-4040k
    I am not sure about using different terminals other than what comes with it. I have never tried that.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Working...
    X