Front motor mount got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front motor mount got

Got new front engine mount for my 1960 235, this engine is going in a 1952 Chevy 3100. I know it needs to be pre fitted looking for ideas on how to get proper clearance before I install the engine.

Not sure what you mean. I just install it on the frame loosely so when its time to drop the engine in, you can guide it into place.
    Deve Krehbiel
    devestechnet.com
    forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

The shop manual explains the amount of a gap there should be between the cradle that holds the rubber cushion and the plate when compressed.
      This is most likely what is being asked.
      Last edited by Pre68Dave; 10-27-2021, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Yes that is my question, I have a new rubber cushion, I want the gap set correctly before installing engine. Any ideas?

Comment

There is no adjustable gap that I know of. The gap is just whatever squish the rubber has in it? There is a bottom plate, the rubber cushion and then the top cover that sit on the front crossmember. The engine is bolted to that assembly without anything else except for bolts, washers and nuts. (the radiator support bracket is gappable to adjust for the fenders, etc, but this is the first I have heard of a gap in the motor mounts). Follow the shop manual and Dave. You simply cant go wrong.
          Deve Krehbiel
          devestechnet.com
          forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Comment

Good to know I guess. If Steele Rubber Products makes the rubber part wrong, I will know now. Thanks once again Dave!
              Deve Krehbiel
              devestechnet.com
              forums.devestechnet.com

Comment

Working...
              X